Have you ever seen those huge lizard looking creatures in TIP? They’re a prominent part of TIPs wildlife which btw also includes snakes,scorpions, atleast a dozen types of weird looking bees and the list goes on.
Anyways the point was, the aforementioned giant lizard creatures *called a goo or something in urdu* well one of them was found dead in a water tanker according to our sources.
And co incidentally at the same time, a lot of students, mostly the ones from hostel but some day scholars as well have been facing SEVERE diarrhea and everyone,aware of the situation aren’t even thinking about drinking water from the water coolers these days. Everyone is either bringing their own water or buying mineral water bottles from cafe a Continue reading “The Water situation.”
This Article is a submission by a first year student from FDM, Aliza tariq. here is to hoping she keeps writing and we get more writers from first year.
Ok , so finally the event which had created so much buzz among the tipian’s has passed taking all the curiosity , excitement and for some people anxiety i.e in case of girls ” kya pehnein ge ? kapre hi nae heinnn!! ” . Now Lets dig right into the pros and cons shall we ?
1. The setup : the stage was perfect , felt like grand performances were going to be executed ( ahem , note that i said felt like )
2. The fireworks : especially the ones near the lake side
3. The sound system : added perfectly to the thrill .
Not being biased or anything but i have to put this one in.
4. Hunain : the way he managed everything deserves appreciation.
5. Bss aur kya likhun ab ?
For people who get offended easily proceed at your own risk( this is your cue to leave if u want to ) , blunt content ahead.
Decided to stay ? K then ,here goes nothin
1. The hosts : they didn’t come across entertaining at all and weren’t able to connect with the crowd , i suppose a bit more enthusiasm was needed .
2.the performances : ” preparation ? Whats that ?” This was exactly the idea behind it. Especially the group dances felt like sitting at a desi wedding ( ab to woh bhi isay ache hotay hein )
3. The awam : keeping the ancient trends of tip which to me according to their actions was portrayed as ” ganay nae dena itna zada shor krna hai k performer bichara insulted feel kre or stage se neeche utar jae ” ek adhi achi performance thi bhi to we werent able to enjoy it . Excluding the hooting whistling and clapping in this but those air horns , unapologetically i have to say were a cheap move . Performers chahiye bhi aur phir sunain bhi nae dena wahh !
On a serious note, overall it was a night to remember having its own pros and cons . Kudos to the TISF team for pulling this event .
And agr koi cheez buri lagi ho to , try to keep a broaden mind