This Article is a submission by a first year student from FDM, Aliza tariq. here is to hoping she keeps writing and we get more writers from first year.
Ok , so finally the event which had created so much buzz among the tipian’s has passed taking all the curiosity , excitement and for some people anxiety i.e in case of girls ” kya pehnein ge ? kapre hi nae heinnn!! ” . Now Lets dig right into the pros and cons shall we ?
1. The setup : the stage was perfect , felt like grand performances were going to be executed ( ahem , note that i said felt like )
2. The fireworks : especially the ones near the lake side
3. The sound system : added perfectly to the thrill .
Not being biased or anything but i have to put this one in.
4. Hunain : the way he managed everything deserves appreciation.
5. Bss aur kya likhun ab ?
For people who get offended easily proceed at your own risk( this is your cue to leave if u want to ) , blunt content ahead.
Decided to stay ? K then ,here goes nothin
1. The hosts : they didn’t come across entertaining at all and weren’t able to connect with the crowd , i suppose a bit more enthusiasm was needed .
2.the performances : ” preparation ? Whats that ?” This was exactly the idea behind it. Especially the group dances felt like sitting at a desi wedding ( ab to woh bhi isay ache hotay hein )
3. The awam : keeping the ancient trends of tip which to me according to their actions was portrayed as ” ganay nae dena itna zada shor krna hai k performer bichara insulted feel kre or stage se neeche utar jae ” ek adhi achi performance thi bhi to we werent able to enjoy it . Excluding the hooting whistling and clapping in this but those air horns , unapologetically i have to say were a cheap move . Performers chahiye bhi aur phir sunain bhi nae dena wahh !
On a serious note, overall it was a night to remember having its own pros and cons . Kudos to the TISF team for pulling this event .
And agr koi cheez buri lagi ho to , try to keep a broaden mind